Revelation 6:5

"When He broke the third seal, I heard the third living creature saying, 'Come!' I looked and behold, a black horse: and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand."

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Update about hay

Just thought I should post an update about the hay situation. We were able to get in about 600 bales, but it is not very good stuff. Have been selling anything not feed-worthy for mulch. The feed hay is basically going to provide roughage and not much else. Second crop is groing nicely and we will have to rely on that and grain/supplements for our important nutrients. Kinda sucks because we had such good hay last year that I didn't need to grain at all. Oh well, can't ask for things to be perfect ALL the time!! LOL
I hope others with horses here in Maine are able to get the hay that they need for the winter. It really worries me, but horse people just seem to know how to get by in hard times. I think we are a pretty tough and resourceful bunch...kinda have to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment